Saturday, May 28, 2011

little melodies of wonder

I'm a playlist person; i make endless compilations with ridiculous titles, grouping my music into titbits of heaven for my ears. So in a recent escapade on making a playlist that pools all my self-pity songs for moments of wallowing i stumbled upon my podcasts... i haven't listened to those in ages and so my numbers were up. I decided to take the plunge and listen through some of the tuneage that had piled up through the numerous podcasts i had subscribed to. And my oh my they were amazing. Why in the name of all that is glorious had i not been delving through them more frequently? And this also made me think, i am South African and we have a large music scene, yet i am not really interested at all in the music produced here but rather in other places like Australia where fantastic indie music is made. So now my music library has gained a rather wonderful sets of songs, some favourites of which i am now going to tell you all about so you too can share in the joy that is indie music and other interesting tunes.

Yeasayer - I remember
Sparkadia - Talking like im falling down the stairs
Gossling - I was young
Thieving Irons - Babylon is burning
Black Whales - Rattle your bones
Sun Airway - Oh, Naoko
Pomegranates - Skull cakin'



No comments:

Post a Comment